Re: [Vserver] great flower page

From: Lars Hallberg <lah_at_micropp.se>
Date: Mon 24 Apr 2006 - 01:11:44 BST

Guenther Fuchs wrote:

>e> - way of keeping heavily-commented template config for vserver. There is
>e> no easy way to comment current config.
>Agreed.

I right now writing a smal script that collects the config in one file,
for transfer over http to a monitoring webapp. I probably later will
allow edit thru the webapp and conversion back to the new config format.

Adding suport for komment in that file format will be a bit of extra
work, but is good for the webapp to. So I might do that. Probably will
not (to begin with anayway) bother with preserving komments if the file
is recreated, but that should not be needed for users shosing the file
as 'master sorce' for configuration.

This will require runing a script after updating the file, but should
else enabeling komenting and version controll.

It would be possable to add to that script the feature to hotupdate
changes (some at least) to runing vservers, somewhat justifying the
extra step (but I will probably *not* write that).

I can publish the scripts in a week or two if ther's intrest.

/LaH