Re: [Vserver] UnionFS and VServer

From: Sebastian Harl <sh_at_tokkee.org>
Date: Mon 17 Apr 2006 - 22:00:13 BST

> > Is there any define I can check to see, if the VServer patch has been
> > applied?
>
> CONFIG_VSERVER is always on when patched with the
> Linux-VServer patches

Well, I actually need to know if the BME patch was applied or not ;-) As
discussed on IRC, MNT_IS_RDONLY might be a good define to check for. Any other
(better) ideas?

> > What would be the correct thing to pass to the vfs_* functions?
>
> as I said, the corresponding vfsmount information
> but for a quick and dirty hack you can pass NULL
> there, but it will break the read-only bind mounts

If I can find some spare time, I'll write a patch for unionfs that will handle
all cases correctly. Can I find any documentation (e.g. commented source code
;-) that describes those vfsmount information?

Cheers,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian "tokkee" Harl