It seemed that all the changes i did to test gave me an inconsistent
setup so I rechecked the hosts resolv.conf, the ip's of the vservers and
the resolv.conf of the vserver. Then I rebooted and pinging internal
machines by name worked for the host and the vserver.
Only thing that didn't seem to work was the pinging of external hosts
from the host and the vserver.
I then checked the settings of the 0 dir inside the interfaces directory
of the vserver and i saw the content of dev was still eth0. That means
the ip 192.168.1.20 ended up as an alias of the real eth0 which has a
different address range 192.168.0.x.
I changed that to eth1 and then it all seems to work.
BUT after that change i can't ping the internal host anymore by name.
So i changed my setup. I'm not sure this is a good way of accomplishing
it but it seems like it's the only way to get it working.
This is what's in the interfaces directory:
0 -> dev: eth0 -> ip: 192.168.0.3 (host eth0 192.168.0.2)
1 -> dev: eth1 -> ip: 192.168.1.20 (host eth1 192.168.1.1)
My host resolv.conf
With these changes everything seems to work but as i said, i'm not sure
that what i configured as my interfaces in the vserver setup directory
Vserver mailing list
Received on Fri Apr 14 01:31:11 2006