Re: [Vserver] libsensors3 and capabilites

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon 10 Apr 2006 - 19:34:25 BST

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 08:15:46PM +0000, Arnór Kristjánsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install jffnms inside a debian etch vserver guest (my
> test box). dpkg-reconfigure libsensors3 tells me that the kernel isn't
> compiled with sensors support, but I'd swear it is there. I got to
> thinking it was a capability thing. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction?

hmm, well, probably you want to keep sensor stuff on
the host, or inside a very trusted guest, with the
necessary capabilities and devices (no idea what those
would be exactly), because snesors often use stuff like
i2c or smbus which can easily kill a kernel and/or add
big latencies ...

if you want to figure the 'requirements' starting with
an unlimited guest and removing capabilities/devices
would be a good approach ...

HTH,
Herbert