[Vserver] Using the latest Vserver patch with a 2.6.12 kernel?

From: EKC <webmaster_at_generalsynthesis.com>
Date: Mon 10 Apr 2006 - 18:59:10 BST

HI,

I would like to use the latest vserver release
(http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.6.16-vs2.1.1-rc15.diff)
with a 2.6.12 vanilla kernel. However, the latest vserver patch fails
to apply to the 2.6.12 kernel. Does anyone have any advice on getting
the latest vserver experimental release to work on a 2.6.12 kernel?

My motivation for doing this is that I want to use DRBD
(http://www.drbd.org) and the Lustre cluster filesystem
(http://www.clusterfs.com) with Vserver. However, the latest Lustre
filesystem release supports only the 2.6.12 kernel. I've tried porting
the Lustre kernel patch to the 2.6.16 kernel, but I'm running into
memory leak issues. Therefore, I want to investigate backporting the
latest vserver release.

Thanks in advance