[Vserver] too many open files error

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Thu 06 Apr 2006 - 15:46:48 BST

this one is weird. could i be reaching some kind of max on a gentoo platform?

we are running approx 40 vserver guests on a 4 processor dell. our email
server is running on the 'host' side.

my tip on this came from our email list server. the log stated:

6 10:20:19 error: Still trying to open connection Too many open files

and this is in the log many times. not knowing if this is a program or system
error causing this i am taking the safe route while i wait for the program
support people to let me know...

is there a setting somewhere in the vserver system, i assume on the host, that
the number of open files can be set? i dont even know what the stock max is..

--
Chuck