Re: [Vserver] Problem binding to 0.0.0.0

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 23 Mar 2006 - 16:33:58 GMT

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 01:43:28PM -0000, John Lyons wrote:

> This is what we've got
>
> Linux svr26.xxxxxxx 2.6.15-1.1833_FC4.vs2.0.2.0.rc10.1 #1 Thu Mar 2 12:57:13
> EST 2006 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
>
> util-vserver-devel-0.30.210-4.fc4
> util-vserver-build-0.30.210-4.fc4
> util-vserver-lib-0.30.210-4.fc4
> util-vserver-legacy-0.30.210-4.fc4
> util-vserver-0.30.210-4.fc4
> util-vserver-core-0.30.210-4.fc4
> util-vserver-sysv-0.30.210-4.fc4
>

> The problem is that v_httpd which calls
> /usr/lib/util-vserver/vsysvwrapper httpd start
> is binding to 0.0.0.0:80 on the host server so no vservers can start httpd
>
> If I stop v_httpd and start apache on a vserver then httpd starts on the
> vserver as 0.0.0.0:80 and neither the host nor any other vserver on the box
> can then start apache.

it looks like your guest has no IP address assigned
(for whatever reason), check inside the guest with
cat /proc/self/status and verify your configuration

maybe something in your setup is broken, trying with
a vanilla kernel+patch and util-vserver compiled from
scratch might be worth a try (make sure to use dietlibc)

HTH,
Herbert