[Vserver] Re: mount nfs on guest trouble

From: Chris Fanning <christopher.fanning_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue 14 Mar 2006 - 12:19:18 GMT

ok. my _real_ problem is portmap address binding (I think).

I would like to run nfs servers and clients on both host and guest.

On debian I can bind portmap by default
/etc/default/portmap
OPTIONS="-i 192.168.172.30"

I do this on both host and guest (changing the ip of course)
nfs client:
Before this change I could mount from the host.
Now I can't mount from either.

nfs server:
I also add a name to the guest interface as
http://linux-vserver.org/NFS+and+portmap
To server nfs I must also bind rpc.nfsd and rpc.mountd explicitly right?

I am a bit confused.
would v_portmap, v_xinetd help me.

Thanks again
Chris.