Re: [Vserver] Mount

From: Bruno <bonbons67_at_internet.lu>
Date: Wed 22 Feb 2006 - 23:17:58 GMT

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 23:44, Jon Scottorn wrote:
> Is it recommended to not use mount within a vserver, should I just mount
> it from the host side or does it not really matter if I do mount it
> within the vserver?
You should only add mount capabilities to the guest if you trust what's
running inside.
If you can it's better to mount your NFS mountpoints from the host (from
either host or guest network context, depending on your choice)

This is more of a personal decision on what permissions you give to your
guest's root. But if mounting is possible, you can't prevent the guest from
accessing any devices (e.g. by mounting a pre-made /dev to work around
missing mkdev capability).

best,
Bruno