Re: [Vserver] vserver hosting on server4you.com

From: Eugen Leitl <eugen_at_leitl.org>
Date: Sun 19 Feb 2006 - 10:16:32 GMT

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 11:05:27AM +0100, Norbert Klamann (gpre) wrote:

> I have no account with them, but according to some postings on other
> hosters boards their service seems not to be the best.

Stay away from server4free. I've used both their dedicated
server and vservers, and the latter product was awful. Service
was nonexistent, and I was threatened with a suit when I demanded
termination because of sever4free/server4u were defaulting
on their part of the contract.

I've eventually moved all my business to Hetzner, who
so far I've been very happy with (their (naked) rack hosting is
very reasonably priced -- 99 EUR/month, with 300 EUR setup fee).

I'm also running a flat rodent 10 MBit server at EUserv which
is okay but giving me about half of the advertised bandwidth --
suddenly -- which leds me to think they've started to throttle
traffic (which they deny they do).

--
Eugen* Leitl leitl http://leitl.org