[Vserver] ssh into a vserver

From: Norbert Klamann (gpre) <Norbert.Klamann_at_klamann-software.de>
Date: Tue 07 Feb 2006 - 17:06:08 GMT

Hello all,
i have a debian sarge box with a vserver guest in it, both have to share
the same ip and I configured the vserver with nodev.

My version of the vserver-Software is vs2.0.1 against a 2.6.14.3 - Kernel.

I installed sshd in it and bound it to the IP-Adress (not 0.0...) and
another port than the host.
But I can't login into the vserver, every try to access it ends up in
the host and is logged accordingly.

I read in the archives of this list (is there a searchable archive
btw.?) and found some hints to dev/pts and indeed i get the
'mesg: /dev/pts/xx: Operation not permitted' when I enter the vserver.

Can this be the root cause of the problem and if yes, how can I correct it ?

Thanks for listening !

--
Viele Grüße / All the best
Norbert