Re: [Vserver] Re: 2.6.16-rc1-vs2.1.0.9 latest test on parisc

From: Joel Soete <soete.joel_at_tiscali.be>
Date: Sat 04 Feb 2006 - 12:35:49 GMT

Hello Micah,

Micah Anderson wrote:

> Joel,
>
> Please do not hijack threads, it is better to start a new thread with a
> new subject. If you use an existing thread to talk about something
> completely different than the thread's subject, it causes a lot of
> problems with mail and news readers. Also, you cannot just change the
> subject line to create a new thread. Most news and mail readers use
> other headers such as References: to track and build the thread of
> messages by message ID, and changing the subject line does not change
> the actual threading. Therefore, one should always compose a new (and
> therefore reference-free) message when changing topics.

Ah ok (thanks for explanation, I have no detailed knowledge on e-mail client, sorry)
I will take care next time ;-)

> Joel Soete wrote:
>

>>Hello Micah,
>>
>>I just read the changelog of your debian's pkg upload (util-vserver
>>(0.30.209-2) unstable) and btw discover:
>> o it was re-enable for hppa ;-)
>> o and it's build with dietlibc (now available also for this arch too)
>>
>>So my question is: was it already tested on this arch?
>

> No, it was re-enabled after a long period of being disabled, and needs
> to be tested by someone with that arch. If you can test it, it would be
> appreciated.

Ok I did it and unfortunately failled ;-(

>>On toh for my private build from upstream src (on going to build latest
>>0.30.210), I disabled use of dietlibc (not yet available for hppa at this
>>time) and all seems to works fine.
>

> What is "toh"?
oops sorry fingers didn't any more follow my mind: I would mean otoh (on the other hand)

> I would prefer to use dietlibc if possible as it seems to
> be required to handle some corner security issues.

Understood.

>>(But tbh I'm still ignoring what kind of pb am I supposed to encounter)

tbh?: To be honest
pb?: problem

> I'm sorry, I am not able to parse your acronyms!

np ;-) (no problem)

Cool.

Thanks for your attention,
        Joel