Re: [Vserver] Re: 2.6.16-rc1-vs2.1.0.9 latest test on parisc

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick_at_morethan.org>
Date: Fri 03 Feb 2006 - 02:08:38 GMT

On Thu February 2 2006 19:32, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 04:33:16PM -0600, Michael S. Zick wrote:

> > > possible, well, testme and testfs will not
> > > detect the insecurities introduced by glibc
> > >
> > Are there any tests available to check for these glibc problems?
>
> I don't know of explicit tests, but it should be
> possible to create some, given that somebody wants
> to spend time on it ...
>
> > If not, perhaps a pointer or two into the mail archives on
> > the subject or pointer(s) to a discussion of the problems found?
>
> http://list.linux-vserver.org/archive/vserver/msg09379.html
> (there are others, just goolge for it)

Thanks, now I read what the concerns are. . .

That message is about the date of glibc-2.3.2 - current is 2.3.6

There has been a fair number of changes done between those versions.
Some affecting getpwnam() and friends when used in staticly linked
programs.

I think both of the mentioned restrictions can now be enforced.

Let me spend some time on checking that statement before I go too
far out on a limb.

Mike