Re: [Vserver] debootstrap problems

From: Michael Flaig <mflaig_at_pro-linux.de>
Date: Mon 30 Jan 2006 - 18:21:47 GMT

Hi Herbert,
Hi List,

i modified the debian package to match my vroot dir which is
usually /srv/vservers .

This fits my needs best ...
If the package works correctly I´ll probably put it on an ftp site, but
it is also quite easy to modify the debian rules and
util-vserver.postinst files in the debian directory. Then
dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc and there you are :)

I´m mounting the raid1 for vserver guests mostly in /srv.

Data partitions are mounted by the vserver host at startup and
bind-mounted then on the guest startup. I´ve had the problem with
real-mount in guest´s fstab, that if the system is rebootet without
proper stop of vservers the data partitions get very confused (if the
partition is mounted by more than one guest)

So ... Is it better [as in performance/security/fault-tolerance] to
mount-bind or mount a real partition at the vserver guest startup?

--
Michael Flaig <mflaig@pro-linux.de>
PROLinux