[Vserver] gentoo guest: strange behaviour after baselayout update

From: Oliver Welter <mail_at_oliwel.de>
Date: Tue 24 Jan 2006 - 12:58:35 GMT

Hi Hollow, Hi Folks :)

Today, I tried to update a "very old" gentoo guest, that was build with
the old "baselayout with use-flag" from portage overlay.
What I did, was to unemerge the old baselayout and emerge the new
baselayout-vserver instead.

On the first glance it seemed to work, but having a closer look showed
boot-up messages appearing on the local consoles about crahsing boot
scripts (net.lo, hostname, serial, console)

After digging around I replaced the /dev filesystem with a copy from a
fresh vServer guest, and it seems that now the problems have gone...

At all, I am not really sure if the system really works fine, but it
seems...

Any ideas what to check or how to check further ? Espacially: Is there a
way to see the messages of the guest starting up, as it was on the old
"gentoo" init-style (I am using plain now)

Oliver

--
Diese Nachricht wurde digital unterschrieben
oliwel's public key: http://www.oliwel.de/oliwel.crt