Re: [Vserver] Logo design

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick_at_morethan.org>
Date: Fri 20 Jan 2006 - 15:00:32 GMT

On Fri January 20 2006 07:42, Michael S. Zick wrote:
> On Thu January 19 2006 22:16, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 08:03:19PM -0600, Matt Nuzum wrote:
> > > Rule by committee never works. Someone is going to have to make a
> > > final decision soon or this thread is going to overwhelm my mailbox.
> > >
> > > As a matter of fact, in the last 2.5 years, this exact scenario has
> > > occurred three times and there still isn't a logo for VServer.
> > >
> > > Somebody (bertl?), pick one and say, "that's it!"
> >
> > guess I will do that, as it seems that nobody
> > organized a 'public' contest and/or voting for
> > this purpose ... but I guess the 'community' is
> > already converging towards something ....
> >
> > for me it looks like the green checkmark V plus
> > some text (the actual name) seems acceptable to
> > the volks involved so far ...
> >
> > as a vector graphics version is very desireable
> > we should try to get that done with a few small
> > adjustments, and verify the license of the result,
> > so that we can freely use it for our purpose ...
> >
> > maybe we should try to register it or something
> > like that? anybody who knows about the legal
> > details here (and maybe about the costs?)
> >
> For the USA, I have done that - SpamViz(.net,.com)
>
> There is an online form - it can be done electronicly
> Plus of course, money (about 300usd - might have changed)

Now 325usd - whatever that happens to be in Canadian dollars.

(The fact that linux-vserver.org is owned by a Canadian does
not bar the USPTO registration. You intend to register a
graphic - not the sequence of letters only.)

> Start here:
> http://www.uspto.gov/teas/index.html

Note: You can convert that application to an International
registration (a 100usd option).

Click the "Madrid Protocol Forms" link on the above page
for the gory details.

I'll stop the information flow now - let us see if this
was more than a passing thought.

Mike