Re: [Vserver] Logo design

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Fri 20 Jan 2006 - 04:16:48 GMT

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 08:03:19PM -0600, Matt Nuzum wrote:
> Rule by committee never works. Someone is going to have to make a
> final decision soon or this thread is going to overwhelm my mailbox.
>
> As a matter of fact, in the last 2.5 years, this exact scenario has
> occurred three times and there still isn't a logo for VServer.
>
> Somebody (bertl?), pick one and say, "that's it!"

guess I will do that, as it seems that nobody
organized a 'public' contest and/or voting for
this purpose ... but I guess the 'community' is
already converging towards something ....

for me it looks like the green checkmark V plus
some text (the actual name) seems acceptable to
the volks involved so far ...

as a vector graphics version is very desireable
we should try to get that done with a few small
adjustments, and verify the license of the result,
so that we can freely use it for our purpose ...

maybe we should try to register it or something
like that? anybody who knows about the legal
details here (and maybe about the costs?)

I'm confident,
Herbert