Re: [Vserver] [Release] Stable 2.01

From: Bert De Vuyst <bert.devuyst_at_intec.ugent.be>
Date: Thu 12 Jan 2006 - 09:59:06 GMT

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 19:24, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> Greetings Community!
>
> we proudly present the second stable release of
> linux-vserver for the 2.6 kernels ...
>
> the following fixes and changes were done:
>
> * bugfix for interface visibility

It looks like tools like samba still don't work out-of-the-box, due to the
fact the interface is shown as a interface without IP-number.
(or did I make a mistake in my configuration)
Is it possible to enhance this is future versions, so that samba (and other
tools) see a interface with the IP-number of the vserver? I don't know if
it's possible, but I think it would improve the out-of-the-box compatibility
inside a vserver.

Thanks for all the work on vserver,

Bert