[Vserver] Q: What are the current thoughts/plans on kernel integration?

From: Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm_at_xmission.com>
Date: Wed 11 Jan 2006 - 20:23:02 GMT

Is there a development mail list that I did not spot?

Assuming this list is for both users and developers...

I am trying to come up to speed on what previous conversations
there have been with respect getting vserver like functionality
merged into the mainstream linux kernel.

I am working on something with similar requirements and I would
like to combine forces if it is practical. I have an additional
process migration requirement so I can't use a lot of the current vserver
code.

However I suspect we can agree on a common implementation, and move
forward.

Since I have become aware of linux-vserver I have not seen a lot
of work towards merging with the kernel. Is it lack of interest,
lack of clean implementation, or lack of time that has been
holding the effort up?

Eric