Re: [Vserver] Making two vservers see the same data/directory structore.

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick_at_morethan.org>
Date: Tue 10 Jan 2006 - 17:31:54 GMT

On Tue January 10 2006 10:04, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> yes, you will very likely run into permission issues with
> xid tagging enabled on the 'shared' directory, because new
> files will be tagged by one guest and denied to the other
> (an untagged partition would help here)

Herbert,

A short note on this...

Near the top of my to-do list for 2006 is
to see if I can make the ACL system 'xid aware'.

Similar to user and group permission lists, there
would be an xid permission list (and a per directory
xid default).

Both the Linux code implementation and the 'standard'
for ACL allows extensions.

If practical, this would solve this sort of installation
problem. The mapping of the same (Sub-)tree into multiple
servers while still being selective about permissions on
a per server basis.

Don't hold your breath - I work slow.

Mike