[Vserver] possible for host and guest to share rpm database?

From: Dimitris Zilaskos <dzila_at_tassadar.physics.auth.gr>
Date: Tue 10 Jan 2006 - 00:45:12 GMT

         Hello ,

         I am using linux vserver with gentoo as host os and scientific linux
guest os(RHEL compatible). I am managing the rpm packages from the host os
with vapt-get and vyum.
         However there is a requirement on certain vservers that their
users have to be able to execute rpm -qa and get a list of the
installed rpms . Naturally right now the list is empty.
         I would like to avoid having to maintain both an internal and
external rpm database. Is it possible somehow for the vrpm from the host
os and rpm from within the vserver to return the same list?

         TIA,