Re: [Vserver] can't access ssh

From: Oliver Welter <mail_at_oliwel.de>
Date: Fri 06 Jan 2006 - 15:18:50 GMT

Hi Stefan,

please use the original Thread to answer...

> Also have no idea how to make my vservers over dns reachable, because
> they are only local reachable.

I meant that your Guest should have proper setup Name-Resolver, means
reachable nameserver entries in /etc/resolv.conf or disable dns-lookup
in SSH, otherwise your ssh will try to resolv the incoming IP Adress to
a hostname and it might not accespt the connection when it cant resolv
(depends on configuration but I have seen such configs, dont know debian
behaviour)

Can you please do a
netstat -nlt | grep :22
on the host and send the output...

You wrote that you can "access the guests ssh from the host" - you didnt
answer my questions regarding that...so
* Can you confirm that the SSHd is running inside the guest ?

> I also wanted to know if it is necessary to create a vhost00.conf int
> the /etc/vservers dir, I have done it but it also failled.

eerrrgh - you should have an own directory for the server, if you dont
have, your server wont work at all....

Oliver

PS: Do you hav access t the IRC, than go irc://irc.oftc.net/vserver can
help you there

--
Diese Nachricht wurde digital unterschrieben
oliwel's public key: http://www.oliwel.de/oliwel.crt