Re: [Vserver] Vserver and Reiserfs3

From: Joel Soete <soete.joel_at_tiscali.be>
Date: Fri 23 Dec 2005 - 19:13:06 GMT

Hello Herbert,

Joel Soete wrote:
> Hello Herbert,
>

>>On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 05:50:04PM +0100, Joel Soete wrote:
>>
>>>Hello Herbert,
>>>
>>>[...]
>>>>

>>>ok (at least for test 124):
>>>[113]# succeeded.
>>> verify /mnt/test/file_2618: -+(-)-i-+(-) ~ -----------------
>>>[114]# failed.
>>>[115]# succeeded.
>>>[...]
>>>[123]# succeeded.
>>>[124]# succeeded.
>>>[199]# succeeded.
>>>
>>>but I couldn't leave with this kernel because:
>>>Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.
>>>Starting vservers of type
[...]
>>>[42949562.120000] dynamic contexts disabled.
>>>make: *** [.DebSid.stamp] Error 255
>>>make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
>>>ERROR
>>>
>>>too bad ;-(
>>>
>>>and each time I tried to start the vserver manualy I got the following
>
> messages:
>
>>>[ 42.700000] dynamic contexts disabled.
>>>[ 136.570000] dynamic contexts disabled.
>>>[ 249.710000] dynamic contexts disabled.
>>
>>hmm, silly question, did you disable the dynamic context support?
>>

> not that I known: only unselect CONFIG_VSERVER_LEGACY
> but I overwrite my config file ;_( but easy to reproduce (may be tomorrow)

well with make menuconfig I just unselect CONFIG_VSERVER_LEGACY but it has the side effect to also unlsect
CONFIG_VSERVER_DYNAMIC_IDS, see here the .config:
[...]
# CONFIG_DEBUG_FS is not set
CONFIG_VSERVER=y
CONFIG_VSERVER_LEGACYNET=y

#
# Linux VServer
#
# CONFIG_VSERVER_LEGACY is not set
# CONFIG_VSERVER_NGNET is not set
CONFIG_VSERVER_COWBL=y
CONFIG_VSERVER_PROC_SECURE=y
# CONFIG_VSERVER_HARDCPU is not set
# CONFIG_INOXID_NONE is not set
# CONFIG_INOXID_UID16 is not set
# CONFIG_INOXID_GID16 is not set
CONFIG_INOXID_UGID24=y
# CONFIG_INOXID_INTERN is not set
# CONFIG_INOXID_RUNTIME is not set
# CONFIG_XID_TAG_NFSD is not set
# CONFIG_XID_PROPAGATE is not set
# CONFIG_VSERVER_DEBUG is not set
[...]

it's obvious as kernel/vserver/Kconfig make VSERVER_DYNAMIC_IDS depends of VSERVER_LEGACY:
[...]
config VSERVER_DYNAMIC_IDS
         bool "Enable dynamic context IDs"
         depends on VSERVER_LEGACY
         default y
[...]

but I haven't enough kernel knowledges to judge if this constraint is (still) relevant ;-(

Hth anyway.

Thanks and Merry Xmas,
        Joel

>>btw, what kernel was that again?
>>

> The parisc stuff
> <http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/linux-2.6/linux-2.6.14-pa0.tar.bz2>
> + vanilla patch 2.6.14.4 + latest developement patch-2.6.14.4-vs2.1.0.diff.bz2
>
> + a very small ack to fix a rejected hunk:
> (due to the diff between parisc tree and vanilla one)
[...]