Re: [Vserver] Problem starting vserver vcontext: chroot(): Permission denied

From: Stephan Mueller <d454d_at_web.de>
Date: Fri 23 Dec 2005 - 14:07:39 GMT

Hi Herbert,

* Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at> [051222 18:11]:

> just to get the idea, what distro/tools where used
> with the 1.2 branch-installation?

the 1.2 branch is running on several debian sarge machines with kernel
2.4.29. The version of utils-vserver is 0.30.204-5sarge2.

I did one more test today and copied the original tared 1.2 branch client
to my test server and untarred it. I was able to start it without any
problems. So I suppose something has to be gone wrong during my several
tries on the test server itself. I am not shure, maybe there was an old
version of the tools installed (the debian version mentioned above)
before i switched to new utils 0.30.209.

In case I find out how to reproduce this, I will post it to the list.

> > Before I got this error I had several other problems (with incomplete
> > configs etc.) so I can't tell what to do to reproduce this problem,
> > sorry.
> >
> > At least the trick with taring and untaring worked, so I can continue
>
> an incantation of setattr -R --~barrier /path/to/dir
> should work too ...

This will be faster than taring and untaring again... :)

Thanks + cheers,

Steph.