Re:[Vserver] Step by Step Guide to a nano-vserver

From: Joel Soete <soete.joel_at_tiscali.be>
Date: Thu 22 Dec 2005 - 09:25:21 GMT

> Joel, and Group;
>
> I have a rough draft of the step-by-step guide
> to creating a nano-vserver posted.

mmm, I see the baby is a nano baby girl ;-).
may be could you (we) find a more shiny name?
(refbox, though?)
But as she made the light on the obscure side of the force, she's bright,
isn't it? name her Bridget?
Just a suggestion, in fine, you are its father ;-)

> Comments welcome from anyone with time to
> read through it.

Just a comment:
What do you think to put the note in paragraph 5.1:
"Vserver extends the concept of using ..."
better as a general introduction?
(it's the basis but doesn't seems to me enough 'spotlighted')

> The end result of the tutorial is a virtual server
> running Bash and BusyBox fully contained within a
> single file. (Actually, the testfs.sh test file.)
>
> The current draft here:
> <http://www.spamviz.net/download/step_step.ps.gz>

and a question about the:
mount -o bind /proc /vservers/refbox/proc

why?

In fact, till now, I just used 'vserver DebSid star/stop/enter' and my
DebSid/fstab already contained:
none /proc proc defaults 0 0

Is there a subtle difference, I missed?

> The entire virtual server as a compressed file:
> <http://www.spamviz.net/download/baby01.bin.gz>
>
> Watch out, she is heavy, weights in at about 4Mb.

Congratulation: "you are the father of a nice baby" ;-)

Thanks a lot,
    Joel

(PS: her foreseen clone would make stuff more clear, if possible, name her
Clara ;<)) --------------------------------------------------------------- A free anti-spam and anti-virus filter on all Scarlet mailboxes More info on http://www.scarlet.be/