Re:[Vserver] Continuing implementaion of a DebSid vserver on a hppa box (need more help)

From: Joel Soete <soete.joel_at_tiscali.be>
Date: Wed 21 Dec 2005 - 17:41:46 GMT

> Hello all,

[...]
> 1st question:
> would it not be better to move prepre and postpost to simply pre and post, so
> that I could get rid of relative /var/lib/vservers/DebSid path?

need to more test ;-)

> 2d question (about data insulation?):

[...]
> BUT the from the host I can always access and modify data into guest dedicated
> fs (and btw I risk to corupt a guest service config by accident because the
> host ignore, well doesn't show, processes owned by guest).
>
> My question is so: is it possible to configure another way the guest server to
> hide its data from host?

I presume that the announce <http://archives.linux-vserver.org/200512/0261.html>
answer to my question: nice to have which will come soon ;-)

> 3rd Question:
> as per debian install (eventhought I had to install util-vserver from src), I
> install folowing startup scripts:
> update-rc.d vprocunhide defaults 25 15
> update-rc.d vservers-legacy defaults 90 02
> update-rc.d rebootmgr defaults 30 10
> update-rc.d vservers-default defaults 90 02
>
> which work fine but didn't startup my DebSid guest server (which elsewhere
> works fine manualy: vserver DebSid start/enter ;-).
>
> Any idea what I missed?

mmm :
echo "default" > /etc/versers/DebSid/apps/init/mark

seems to make the drill.

(isn't there a more simple way to do it, like a config file knowing the
guest's name server and it's corresponding start/stop way?)

> (btw I also touch a /etc/vservers/.defaults/app/vshelper/debug and filled in
> "/var/log/VPS-dbg.log" in /etc/vservers/.defaults/app/vshelper/logfile but no
> such file was created nor can I grab any debug info.
> Any idea?

still have to find out why...

Thanks,
    Joel