[Vserver] vserver and grsec

From: Rik Bobbaers <Rik.Bobbaers_at_cc.kuleuven.be>
Date: Wed 21 Dec 2005 - 14:59:23 GMT

hey all,

for those interested...
i took a vanilla linux 2.6.14.4 kernel
patched it with an updated version of grsec 2.1.7
and applied vserver 2.1.0 patch (including the sendfile patch and a
"optimisation" for some weirdness in grsec)

i put it all in a patch , which can be located at:
http://harry.ulyssis.org/patch-2.6.14.4-vs2.1.0-grsec2.1.7.diff.gz
http://harry.ulyssis.org/patch-2.6.14.4-vs2.1.0-grsec2.1.7.diff

1 thing... if you can't start your vservers and get the following error
message:
vcontext: vc_set_cflags(): Operation not permitted
you need to enable capabilities in chroots. you can do this with:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/grsecurity/chroot_caps
(or the appropriate sysctl command ;))

if people think it 's a good thing to merge the patches... just let me know,
i'll see what i can do to keep this a little bit up to date.

have fun all!

--
harry
aka Rik Bobbaers