Re: [Vserver] Hostname confusion inside vserver

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Tue 20 Dec 2005 - 10:26:25 GMT

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 09:37:07AM +0100, Stéphane GAUTIER wrote:
> micah a écrit :
>
> >Roché Compaan wrote:
> >
> >>Any reason why /usr/bin/mail would think the hostname is the host's
> >>hostname and not the vserver's, even though the hostname command
> >>correctly returns the vserver's hostname?
> >
> >Check your /etc/mailname and /etc/hosts to see what is defined.
> >
> >Micah
> >
> Why scripts of creation: vserver build does not modify information
> /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts in the vserver?

well, I agree that it makes sense to modify
and/or cleanup the guests after installation,
and with the current tools that can be done
quite easily (see initpre and initpost scripts)

but, those scripts are fairly distro dependant
(probably both, host and guest distro) so they
should be created by folks who maintain those
distros ...