Re: [Vserver] Wiki : HowTo graph vserver usage with cacti

From: Thomas Hug <tom_at_nine.ch>
Date: Sun 18 Dec 2005 - 18:27:56 GMT

hi

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:45, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> > I use the standard SNMP data (already defined in cacti for example)
> > for network traffic => I get data per *physical* interface. I
> > don't know how to get network traffic per IP address by SNMP.
> > Perhaps the only way to do that is by exploiting data from
> > /proc/virtual/<ctx>/cacct and using a similar trick as I did (through
> > some shell script).
> > (http://linux-vserver.org/HowTo+Read+ProcFS)
>
> if you want _network_ data per context, your best choice
> is probably an iptables accounting rule based on the guest
> IP(s)

i do that and export it to snmp with a simple shell script. a master
server fetches all the stats from all vserver hosts and produces nice graphs :)

you can also monitor space usage via snmp. i took "du" to get this
usage. but this is not very efficient, so i cache it and du is only
running every 4 hours.

-thomas