[Vserver] Script testfs.sh on Reiser3

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick_at_morethan.org>
Date: Sat 17 Dec 2005 - 18:39:44 GMT

Group,

I find differences between lsattr and showattr outputs
which the script marks as errors.

Background:
Linux 2.6.14 on x86 with vserver 2.0.1 applied.
util-vserver 0.30.209
ReiserFS 3.6.14
Distribution layout is basicly Debian Sarge

Note 1: script expects a mkfs.reiserfs so I faked it with:
ln -s /usr/sbin/mkreiserfs /sbin/mkfs.reiserfs

Note 2: script calls lsattr (part of e2fsprogs) which
means that versions prior to 1.37 will silently fail.
I built e2fsprogs 1.38 to get past that one.

Here is what I am seeing, all that I can tell is that
the attributes reported are different:

Without the (-o attrs) option to mount command
[mount /dev/loop0 /mnt]

# showattr /mnt
---bui- /mnt
----ui- /mnt/file_9079
---bui- /mnt/dir_9079

# ./lsattr /mnt/
./lsattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device While reading flags on /mnt/file_9079
./lsattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device While reading flags on /mnt/dir_9079
(Which seems reasonable)

Note 3: Some of the on-line documentation mentions an "xattrs" option to
reiserfs - my 3.6.14 only understands "attrs" (correct in the script).

Next, umount and mount the test file with the "attrs" option
[mount -o attrs /dev/loop0 /mnt]

Now we have (without any changes to the files)

# showattr /mnt
---bui- /mnt
----UI- /mnt/file_9079
---Bui- /mnt/dir_9079

(Notice the changes of case with the addition of "attrs"
that is going to bite somebody running Reiserfs. )

# ./lsattr /mnt/
----i-------- /mnt/file_9079
------------- /mnt/dir_9079

Which translates as:
# ./lsattr -l /mnt/
/mnt/file_9079 Immutable
/mnt/dir_9079 ---

The only conclusion I can reach is either
something is broke or incomplete in lsattr
or
Perhaps the script should not be expecting
that the output of lsattr on a reiser3 filesystem
to make any sense.

PS: anyone tried this on reiser4?

Mike