Re: [Vserver] Wiki : HowTo graph vserver usage with cacti

From: Grzegorz Nosek <grzegorz.nosek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 15 Dec 2005 - 19:17:06 GMT

> the /proc/virtual/<xid>/* contains a bunch of useful
> information, but for an efficient monitoring system some
> faster communication methods should be considered ...
>
> let me know if there is real demand, and somebody is
> willing to do the userspace part .. we could then go for
> netlink or relayfs ...

Hello,

I'm interested in monitoring the hell out of the vservers (cpu %,
loadavg, tokens, memory, network traffic, processes, disk i/o, you
name it) so I'd be willing to help (please note I haven't used neither
netlink nor relayfs yet but you learn all your life, don't you?)

I have a little patch to collect per-server disk usage stats (somewhat
like /proc/diskstats) but I dropped it from my kernels during the
recent debugging frenzy and I'm a bit reluctant to apply it again - a
bit too intrusive for my taste and I don't know whether it's SMP-safe
really. If anybody is interested, feel free to drop me a note.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek