Re: [Vserver] /dev/null: Permission denied

From: Roché Compaan <roche_at_upfrontsystems.co.za>
Date: Tue 06 Dec 2005 - 20:48:33 GMT

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 15:18 -0500, Cedric Veilleux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Whenever I start the vserver, init scripts accessing /dev/null (or any
> > subsequent commands) returns "Permission denied". Re-creating /dev/null
> > outside the vserver does not help. "ls -l" shows this is a proper device
> > file:
>
> Ensure the partition were your vserver is located is not mounted with
> the NODEV option.
>
> The "mount" command in the host should show it if that is the problem. I
> think a default debian install has all but the root partition mounted
> with NODEV..

That's it. Thanks! I am using Debian, but I can't confirm that it is a
Debian default. I mounted my '/var/' partition with nodev as a security
measure because it was always my intention to create vservers on DRBD
devices.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za