Re: [Vserver] Nagios 2.x on a vserver. Anyone?

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Mon 07 Nov 2005 - 18:49:41 GMT

On Monday 07 November 2005 10:21 am, Oliver Welter wrote:

yes when I installed 1.2 on a guest I had to edit the configure file to change
all 127.0.0.1 to something like 127.0.0.3 which then passed the tests.
as a 'just in case' measure I also changed my hosts file to reflect this ip
for localhost

I also had to add a ccapability to the guest configuration:

raw_icmp

we are running

2.6.13.3-vs2.1.0-rc4

nagios 1.2 works perfectly in a guest. I have not tried 2.x out yet, but the
configuration change to 127.0.0.x other than 1 will solve your install
problem.

--
Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,