Re: [Vserver] PPC build failure of util-vserver

From: Enrico Scholz <enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
Date: Wed 02 Nov 2005 - 00:11:59 GMT

Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at> writes:

>> as you can see in
>>
>> http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-development-extras/349-util-vserver-0.30.209-2.fc5/ppc/build.log
>>
>> two check of util-vserver 0.30.209 are failing on a PPC machine.
> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/MANDRAKE/util-vserver-0.30.209-1mdk.src.rpm
>
> involves just a small patch which disables the addr_limit_3gb tests,
> as they did never work on mandrake (because of the missing flag)

should not be relevant here ('cflags' testcase does not use this flag)

> PASS: lib/testsuite/cflags
> PASS: lib/testsuite/personality
> and compiled fine (and works fine) on my ppc laptop
>
> maybe it is a compiler/fc* issue?

I added some more debugging (giving out line numbers) and at least the
'personality' testcase succeeded... OOM killer does not seem to be it
neither. New build at

  http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-development-extras/415-util-vserver-0.30.209-3.fc5/ppc/build.log

gives me the binaries which are available at

  http://ensc.de/vserver/cflags
  http://ensc.de/vserver/personality

They are running fine in 'qemu-ppc' but I am not sure if qemu is
working. It would be nice when the two programs above can be tested
on a native box (statically linked, run as non-root).

TIA
Enrico