Re: [Vserver] problems with sshd/pam inside vserver guest

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Thu 13 Oct 2005 - 17:26:57 BST

On Thursday 13 October 2005 12:14 pm, Eric Jorgensen wrote:

I don't know the fedora installs, but I had basically that same problem on one
of my earlier gentoo installs.. for me it was 2 things.

1. i didnt have my host ssh or guest ssh locked into listening to specific ip
addresses.

2. the most important thing was, i created the guest using links against the
template and something was wrong and much of the file system had immutable
files and directories which prevented modifications/writes. once i fixed that
so COW would break the link properly it did work.

i dont know if this will help with anything but....

> Hello,
>
> I'm running 2.6.12.4-vs2.0 on a Fedora Core 4 box,
> with a Fedora Core 4 guest. I've installed the
> openssh-server package and dependencies, but I cannot
> seem to get it to work.
>
> I have configured sshd on the host and guest to only
> bind the their proper IPs:
>
> guest:
>
> tcp 0 0 10.0.0.215:22 0.0.0.0:*
> LISTEN
>
> sshd does start up in the guest, but there is a
> problem with pam. From /var/log/secure:
>

> Oct 13 12:06:02 v015 sshd[24429]: Accepted password
> for root from 10.0.0.215 port 47168 ssh2
> Oct 13 12:06:02 v015 sshd[24431]: error: PAM:
> pam_open_session(): Cannot make/remove an entry for
> the specified session
>

> I did a bunch of googling for this, and tried
> commenting out the pam_limits.so from
> /etc/pam.d/system-auth, but to no avail.
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> jorgy

Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book