Re: [Vserver] simple disk quota -thoroughly confused

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Tue 11 Oct 2005 - 21:56:17 BST

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 04:50 pm, Georges Toth wrote:
> > thing is with lvm if each guest gets its own logical volume, then why use
> > quotas since that volume can be partitioned as it will anyway no?
>
> exactly! :-)
> no need to do some fancy magic....lwm does it for you :-)
> btw, LV's are resizeable...
> per user quota may be easily implemented if you want/need to, with lvm.
> on a shared partition this is currently not possible AFAIK
>

> > i may be
> > talking out my xxx here since i have not even read about lvm yet. never
> > bothered with it.. think ill read up on it a bit before i say or ask
> > anything more so i dont look like a total stooge :D
>
> Check this....:
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/lvm2.xml

Thanks!

> --
>
> regards,
> Georges Toth

Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book