Re: [Vserver] Unexpected behaviour with bind mounts

From: Jim Wight <j.k.wight_at_ncl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon 10 Oct 2005 - 14:28:01 BST

On Sat, 2005-10-08 at 16:22 +0200, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> j.k.wight@ncl.ac.uk (Jim Wight) writes:

> > umount /vservers/tkt/opt
> >
> > in post-stop (or postpost-stop),
>
> * these scripts are NOT executed within the vserver namespace so
> /vservers/tkt/opt is not mounted at this place
>
> * there is not much need for an explicit unmount; when the last process
> of the vserver/context dies, the namespace will not be referenced
> anymore and an implicit unmount happens

Implicit unmounts are not happening in my case. If I start and stop the
vserver a number of times I end up with a pile of multiple identical
mounts (according to df), but as I mentioned in my original message
there are no corresponding entries in /proc/mounts (as there are when I
perform the same mounts manually). The other odd thing is that df shows
different numbers compared with the manual mount case: it shows the
numbers for the filesystem that the mount point is in, rather than for
the mounted filesystem.

Jim