Re: [Vserver] Missing Gentoo init script?

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Sun 09 Oct 2005 - 15:49:23 BST

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 01:13:13PM +0200, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
> On Sunday 09 October 2005 12:07, Chuck wrote:
> > On Sunday 09 October 2005 03:11 am, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
> >
> > its just me being lazy not wanting to change the default name to rabbits or
> > something in the conf.d config file:)
>
> well, if you have default marks in your config, you probably want them to
> start at boot anyway, else you remove the mark...
>
> if you don't have any marks configured, the default mark will not start
> anything...

at least on sysv based distros, there is something called
'runlevel' and it makes perfect sense there to have
vprocunhide run at startup (i.e. in any runlevel) and
vserver-legacy or vserver-default (yes there are two
different runlevel scripts for that) in just a few of
them (e.g. 3,4 or 5) ...

also I see no advantage in combining them, as the gentoo
dependancy based runlevel script could easily pull the
vprocunhide script in, when vserver-default (or legacy)
is started, no?

just my opinion, I'm not responsible for the gentoo
stuff/decisions ...