[Vserver] vserver & openAFS module

From: JEBs <JEBs_at_shbe.org>
Date: Fri 07 Oct 2005 - 10:49:09 BST

Dear folks,

I would like to get the functionality of vservers "chbind" tool (to get
a stupid wine program limited to a specific interface).

After patching the Kernel with the vserver patches, the/my "openAFS"
module abort loading with a "openafs: Unknown symbol vx_rmap_pid" error.

I already tested all combinations with vserver 1.9.5... + 2.0 and
openafs 1.3.81 + 1.4rc1 but I always get the error.

After checking Google, I found:

> On 2005.06.16 12:21:44 -0600, Jon Scottorn wrote:
> /> Hi, /
> /> /
> /> We have been running vserver 1.9.3.17 for awhile now using gfs shares /
> /> to share the vservers directory between a 4 node cluster with /
> /> linux-2.6.10. Gfs has lots of issues with its cluster so we have
> moved /
> /> to Lustre which works much faster and better. The main issue is we
> are /
> /> now running with Linux 2.6.11.11 and lustre 1.4.2.1 which works
> fine by /
> /> itself but when I patch in the vserver stuff and try to start
> lustre up /
> /> I get: /
> /> /
> /> libcfs: Unknown symbol vx_rmap_pid /
>
> During compilation you should have gotten warnings about implicit
> declarations of vx_rmap_pid. Take the .c files for which those warnings
> show up, and add an #include <linux/vs_cvirt.h> to them. That should fix
> your issues.
>
> HTH
> Björn

which sounded good, but resulted in a big bunch of other errors.

Does anybody has a idea how I get openafs & vserver running together ?

Every tip is welcome, also alternatives to 'chbind' !

Thanks in advance
  JEBs