From: Xavier Montagutelli (xavier.montagutelli_at_unilim.fr)
Date: Wed 28 Sep 2005 - 12:33:02 BST

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 12:51, Gebhardt Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> seems to be a trivial question. But I scanned the big flower
> page and found nothing:
>
> How do I say "ONBOOT=yes/no" within the new
> configuration scheme?

You can use the "mark" to start your vservers during the host boot process.

The mark of a a given vserver is written in the
file /etc/vservers/<vs>/apps/init/mark (Cf flower page).

By default, the init script "/etc/init.d/vservers-default" starts vservers
with the mark "default" (don't forget to make chkconfig --add or update-rc.d
if needed). You can write other init scripts (e.g. vservers-foo) and change
the mark (MARK=foo) inside them, in order to start vservers marked "foo".
Playing with the start and stop levels of such scripts, you can start and
stop groups of vservers in distinct order (e.g. start a vserver with a
database before the one using the database).

So I suppose that by default, a vserver with no mark, or a mark different from
"default", won't be started (<=> ONBOOT=no).

--
Xavier Montagutelli
Service Commun Informatique