From: Chuck (chuck_at_sbbsnet.net)
Date: Sat 24 Sep 2005 - 10:02:24 BST

On Saturday 24 September 2005 03:32 am, Tom Laermans wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 23:25 -0400, Chuck wrote:
>
> > when i try to remove the file cpan leaves when it exits with the no
history
> > support, it says it is a directory.. here is the ls on it
> >
> > -rw-r--r-- 2 root root 23 Sep 23 20:40 sys$command
> >
> > looks like a normal file to me..
> >
> > so since this is experimental, i used rmdir on it.
> >
> > /sys vanished and it stayed in the directory listing.
>
> Maybe a silly question, but you _are_ escaping the $, right?
> rmdir won't work on a file anyway - rm sys\$command is what you ran?

yeah.. heh took me 2 tries before i remembered about the esacpe.. thing is it
says the file is a directory when i try rm..

im just going to make another template since this was a minimal insall. this
time when i ran perl cpan config i was smart enough not to do it after
spending hours installing packages :)

> Tom

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger, and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. " The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book