From: Chuck (chuck_at_sbbsnet.net)
Date: Sat 17 Sep 2005 - 21:29:45 BST

On Saturday 17 September 2005 04:16 pm, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 03:01:47PM -0400, Chuck wrote:
> > I put this question on the irc also but it seems everyone is doing a
> > saturday thing :)
>
> yeah, real life, can you imagine? :)

heh yeah. usually when people mention developers you imagine the typical
no-life 'nerd' sitting at his computer 24 hrs a day... hehe funny part is im
close to that.. my job keeps me here most of the time from 7am to 11pm..
however unless there is something really important like nursing a server, i
can take time as i want/need...

but yeah.. most of the guys ive talked to in this project appear to have
things in perspective and actually DO have lives :D

> > I have a friend who wants to use vservers but one of his servers will
> > be making extensive use of the New Posix Threading Library.. the
> > replacement for Linuxthreads..
>
> IIRC, NPTL is in 2.6, so as long as you use a 2.6
> kernel (vs2.x kernel patch) you should have NPTL
> support inside a guest too ...
>
> > will they live with this ok?
>
> I guess so, if not, please let me know, as I'd
> consider it a bug ...

i think it will be ok. hollow said eventually that everything he has is nptl
enabled and uses it a lot.