From: Chuck (chuck_at_sbbsnet.net)
Date: Fri 16 Sep 2005 - 04:44:43 BST

i just copied my template into 3 other vservers using hard link cloning along
with copying real files into the etc and var. they run ok however I now get
an error on start I never got before. I hope I didn't goof using the setattr
command. error listed next

 davin etc # /etc/init.d/vservers start
  * Starting all vservers ...
 chroot-shopen("/etc/mtab"): Permission denied
 secure-mount: open(<mtab>): Permission denied
 Failed to update mtab-file
 secure-mount: open(<mtab>): Permission denied
 Failed to update mtab-file
 secure-mount: open(<mtab>): Permission denied
 Failed to update mtab-file

i just tried setting the attrs mount option on my host / to see if that cures
it. didn't have this until I made the 3 other vservers.

finished reboot and that didn't cure anything :(

I will say this though.... in converting my 3 vservers into hard linked clones
all 4 servers including the template now take up 1/3 the amount of space they
did before this :)

--

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger, and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. " The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book