From: smagnuson_at_forzani.com
Date: Wed 14 Sep 2005 - 19:02:41 BST

Sam,
That worked like a charm. I was thinking that is was going to be more complicated than that.

For anyone interested here are my steps

On NFS server (non vserver)
---------------------------
added vserver host/root system ip address to nfs shares
ie:
sudo vi /etc/exports
/nfs_unix_data vserverhost.corporate.net(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash)

sudo exportfs
sudo exportfs -r (to reread your config changes)
sudo exportfs

On vserver host/root system
---------------------------
start portmap
start rpc.statd

sudo vi /usr/local/etc/vservers/unixdev1/fstab
calnfs01.corporate.net:/nfs_unix_data /unix_data nfs hard,intr,nolock 0 0

sudo vserver unixdev1 stop
sudo vserver unixdev1 start
sudo vserver unixdev1 enter
df -h
/dev/hdv1 58G 8.0G 47G 15% /
none 64M 0 64M 0% /tmp
calnfs01.corporate.net:/nfs_unix_data
                      100G 406M 100G 1% /unix_data

I wasn't able to find any other process that worked. The above will work fine for what I need.

On a minor note: Anyone know how to umount this now that it is mounted? I am ok with restarting the vserver if that is the only way.
ssh unixdev1
sudo umount /unix_data
umount: /unix_data: must be superuser to umount
umount: /unix_data: must be superuser to umount

thanks
sig