From: [eMAXX] Sys-Admin (sys-admin_at_emaxx.nl)
Date: Wed 14 Sep 2005 - 12:26:24 BST

Matvey Gladkikh wrote:

>other packeges I compile myself with the help of checkinstall for stable
>distro. guest vservers should be updated by apt-get.
>
>get 2.6.12 kernel-sources from sid
>get patch vserver 2.6.12
>cd /usr/src/2.6.12sources/
>patch -p1 < ./patch*
>make oldconfig
>make menuconfig (to enable some options)
>make-kpkg --initrd kernel-image
>dpkg -i ../kernel-image*.deb

You're going to fast for me; as far as I can see, sid does not provide
the 2.6.12 kernel-sources: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/allpackages
Would this be ok as well:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.12.4.tar.bz2 ?

This is exactly where it goes wrong with me ... I think I miss some
basic experience to make a sane decision in these cases (right now I
think there is no important difference between the two sources).

Whichone will it be?

Regards,

Vincent Pluk
eMAXX, Netherlands