From: Gilles (gilles_at_harfang.homelinux.org)
Date: Mon 12 Sep 2005 - 09:37:24 BST

Hi.

This follows my trial to create a 32-bits vserver on AMD64.
(see http://list.linux-vserver.org/archive/vserver/msg10649.html)

The vserver creation went more or less OK (see other thread).
The vserver starts OK.
I can enter the vserver.
When stopping the vserver, Xfree86 (on the host) starts to
use ~99% of the CPU and the keyboard is dead; but not the
mouse: I can continue clicking on the icons and the graphical
system would seem to run fine (not even slow) if it weren't
for the keyboard.

I can connect from another computer, and stop the vserver
(which goes fine) but X stays "busy". Killing the process
just blanks the screen but doesn't resuscitate the keyboard.
I'll just had to issue a "reboot". [By the way, is there a
less radical solution I could try to regain control of the
keyboard?]

Some idea on the likely cause of this strange behaviour?
[This is not the same as I reported previously but the vserver
contents is different (especially it uses the "runit" init
scheme). Could it be another consequences of the same bug?]

I've attached the outputs of "vserver-info - SYSINFO"
and here is the ouput of "testme.sh":

Linux-VServer Test [V0.13] Copyright (C) 2003-2005 H.Poetzl
chcontext is working.
chbind is working.
Linux 2.6.12.4-vs2.0+g1+g1 x86_64/0.30.208/0.30.208 [Ea] (0)
VCI: 0002:0001 236 03000074

---
[000]# succeeded.
[001]# succeeded.