From: Paul Haddad (paul.haddad_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue 06 Sep 2005 - 17:42:27 BST

Hi All,

Before someone tells me to google or RTM, I did look through through
all the previous postings on iproute, etc.. I just can't get things
working so any help would be appreciated

The below is all for 2.6.12.4-vs2.0

I setup my vserver box as the router for the network (fios pppoe).
eth0 is the internal network, ppp0 obviously the ppp connection and
eth1 is the device for the pppoe connection.

The host server's IP is 10.0.0.1
The vserver's IP is 10.0.0.5
The default gateway/PtP link is 10.33.3.1

I can connect from the host to the vserver and vice versa without any
problems. I can connect from any other machine on the 10.0.0.0 subnet
to the vserver and/or host again no problems. Either the host or any
real machine on the subnet can connect up to the inet via nat-ppp,

The problem is the vserver can't connect up to the inet. I think the
issue is that the vserver's default gateway should be 10.0.0.1 not
10.33.3.1 but I don't see how to force this without sticking the
vserver into a separate subnet.

Can someone provide a quick sample of ip route commands and/or
suggestions on how to get this fixed?

Thanks!

--
Paul Haddad (paul.haddad_at_gmail.com paul_at_pth.com)