From: Helmut Wollmersdorfer (helmut.wollmersdorfer_at_gmx.at)
Date: Wed 24 Aug 2005 - 14:03:28 BST

Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 01:55:17AM +0200, Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:

> http://linux-vserver.org/Resource+Limits
> (I just added that one :)

Thx.
I added a basic example and linked this page.
To be continued ...

1. Question:
I do not understand the 'soft' and 'min' limits.

Does 'soft' mean:
The kernel gives priority on requests within 'soft' against other requests?

Does 'min' mean the highest priority?
Or does it really allocate this 'min' - which makes no sense IMHO.

2. Question:
Is there something to mention about daemons which use memory mapping
extensively like 'dictd'?

3. Question:
As I understand, a vserver uses the swap space of the host context?
Thus it makes sense to restrict VM - right?

Enough boring questions for today;-)
Maybe we can spend ~1 hour @debienna for f2f Q&A in future, and motivate
greek0 too ...

Cheers