From: Andreas John (lists_at_aj.net-lab.net)
Date: Mon 22 Aug 2005 - 23:34:41 BST

Hello Ola!

> Micah wrote:
>

>>>Specifically, the configuration errors when libbeecrypt6 and
>>>libbeecrypt6-dev are as follows:

I have an running vserver setup on sid now. I can remember that I
compiled a libbeecrypt myself after Herbert assumed a compatibility
issue with gcc4. I compiled with dpkg-buildpackage from the orig deb
source of libbeecrypt with a different gcc. After installtion that
"beecrypt error" did not come up anymore when doing a configure to the
208 alpha utils. So I assume Herbert was on the right track - but I
cannot tell you if vhashify did work at all because I decided to wait
for it and go with Ola's fresh 208 deb package with works fine.
So maybe we just have to wait for a freshly compiled libbeecrypt with a
newer gcc? When does the debian build farm switch to new gcc?
Automatically with a new GCC version in the appropriate branch (sid)?

HTH,
Andreas