From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 22 Aug 2005 - 19:13:20 BST

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 07:55:49PM +0200, mess-mate wrote:

[some stuff zapped]

> | you most likely want to add an interface config for
> | your guest, e.g. something like in the examples ...
> |
> | vserver etch build -m debootstrap --interface hansi=eth0:192.168.0.2/24 --hostname=hansi.ist.org --context 42 -- -d etch -m ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ -- --resolve-deps
> |
> Ok i can try that, but can't a etch.conf do that ?? Like this:
> IPROOT=192.168.1.11
> IPROOTMASK=255.255.255.0
> # How shall the networkdevice be named from the view of the vserver
> IPROOTDEV=eth0
> S_HOSTNAME=etch
> # shown domainname: Set to "none" to have no NIS domain set.
> S_DOMAINNAME=none
> # lock = you are not allowed to create a new context in your context
> # nproc = let ULIMIT-value be global for this context
> S_FLAGS="lock nproc"
> ULIMIT="-H -u 1000"
> S_CAPS="CAP_SYS_ADMIN"
> /etc/init.d/vservers
> ONBOOT=no
> S_NICE=
> PRIORITY=1

first, you don't want to give CAP_SYS_ADMIN, trust me
second, you want to use a static context id (again
trust me, but you could use S_CONTEXT=42 for that)
third, the ulimit will not work, unless you change
it to ULIMIT="-HS -u 1000", fourth, the S_FLAGS are
pretty bogus with recent kernel patches ... and finally
you are trying to use a legacy config ... and non legacy
guests will not look at a legacy config :)

HTH,
Herbert